Bolgheri Food & Wine Tour
Let’s walk together through the picturesque streets of Bolgheri, Italy, a unique 12th-century village and home to the world famous Super Tuscan wines. We’ll show you our favorite restaurants, shops and cafes where you’ll enjoy some local specialties from one of the best places to visit in Tuscany. While you sample delicious food, you’ll be learning about Tuscany’s rich culinary tradition. Guided by our wine expert host, you’ll discover the hidden medieval wine cellar inside the castle with ancient brick vaults hugging dozens of wine barrels. You’ll taste two world-class Bolgheri wines, extra-virgin olive oil and end the day with authentic homemade gelato. We’d love to share our lives with you and tell you stories about local people, food, and wine. Join us and savor a taste of real Tuscany!
When: 7 days a week
Where: Bolgheri, Tuscany
*Cost of private tours same as regular tours unless customized.
• Group size: Max 14 people
• Departure: The food tour starts from the entrance of the village
• Distance Covered: Less than ⅓ mile (½ km) across flat surfaces
• Difficulty level: This tour is suitable for all fitness levels
• Cancellations: Full refund up to 24 hours prior to tour departure
• Language: English. Private tours in English, French or Italian
• Children: Welcomed to participate with their parents
• Vegetarian: Food substitutions can be provided with 24 hour notice
• Stops: We’ll make 4 stops for food and wine tastings at some of the best places to visit in Tuscany
Tour guide gratuities are appreciated at the end of your tour.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO TASTE & LEARN
• Savor Tuscan bruschetta topped with typical ingredients.
• Sample local pecorino cheese made from a 2000 year-old recipe.
• Try different types of local charcuterie (cold cuts such as sausages, ham, salami, etc.).
• Taste pickled vegetables, a staple of every Tuscan table.
• Soak fresh bread in the best extra virgin olive oil, grown and pressed locally.
• Sip four Bolgheri DOC red and rosé wines.
• Sample homemade pasta with wild boar sauce, a typical Tuscan recipe.
• Finish with delicious homemade gelato and freshly brewed Italian coffee.