Bolgheri Food & Wine + Vineyard Tour
Start your day with a visit to the unique 12th-century village of Bolgheri where we’ll browse through its picturesque alleys and local specialty shops. We’ll discover the 17th century wine cellar hidden inside its castle and taste world-class Bolgheri DOC and Super Tuscan wines along with extra-virgin olive oil. While you sample delicious food in our favorite restaurants, we’ll be telling you stories about local people, culinary traditions, wine making, and our unique Tuscan lifestyle.
From Bolgheri, we’ll take a short 5 km drive to a stunning winery on ‘La Strada del Vino,’ ‘The Wine Road,’ nestled between rolling hills and the blue Mediterranean sea. We’ll stroll through magnificent vineyards and an impressive cellar guided by the owners, and learn about the prestigious Bolgheri wine region. We’ll complete our day enjoying four of their top wines. Join us for a food and wine-derful experience!
* Please ensure you have transportation to get from Bolgheri to the vineyards.
FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE, WE CAN PROVIDE PRIVATE TRANSFERS FROM BOLGHERI TO VINEYARDS AND BACK.
Schedule : Thu, Fri.
Start Time: 10:00 am
Where: Bolgheri, Tuscany, Italy
*Cost of private tours same as regular tours unless customized.
• Group size: Max 14 people
• Departure: The food tour starts in Bolgheri
• Distance Covered: Less than ⅓ mile (½ kilometer)
• Difficulty level: This tour is suitable for all fitness levels
• Cancellations: Full refund up to 24 hours prior to tour departure
• Language: English. Private tours in English, French or Italian
• Children: Welcomed to participate with their parents
• Vegetarian: Food substitutions can be provided with 24 hour notice
• Stops: 5 stops for food and wine tastings (Bolgheri) + a visit to a winery that includes 4 wine tastings
Tour guide gratuities are appreciated at the end of your tour.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO TASTE & LEARN
• Savor Tuscan bruschetta topped with typical ingredients.
• Sample local pecorino cheese made from a 2000 year-old recipe.
• Try different types of local charcuterie (cold cuts such as sausages, ham, salami, etc.).
• Taste pickled vegetables, a staple of every Tuscan table.
• Soak fresh bread in the best extra virgin olive oil, grown and pressed locally.
• Taste 8 DOC wines in Bolgheri and at the winery.
• Sample homemade pasta with wild boar sauce, a typical Tuscan recipe.
• Indulge in a delicious homemade gelato and freshly brewed Italian coffee.