Castagneto Food & Drink Tour
Savor your way through the narrow streets and squares of Castagneto Carducci, a medieval village perched on a hilltop, facing the Mediterranean sea. You’ll discover its ancient history, architecture, and culture as we stop for delicious local dishes and learn about traditional Tuscan cuisine. You’ll hear about Giosuè Carducci, one of the greatest Italian poets who loved eating and drinking, just like us! We’ll go down the Holy Stairs of a Medieval castle, the residence of the 1,000-year ruling family, Della Gherardesca. We’ll pop into local shops to meet artisans and taste liqueurs made from century-old recipes, pizza made in a special wood-burning oven, wines from local vineyards, handmade bruschetta, local pecorino cheese, and charcuterie. Join us and you’ll eat and drink like a real Italian!
Schedule : Sunday
Start Time: 5:00 pm
Where: Castagneto C.cci, Tuscany
*Cost of private tours same as regular tours unless customized.
• Group size: Max 14 people
• Departure: The food tour starts in piazza del Popolo
• Distance Covered: Less than ⅓ mile (½ kilometer)
• Difficulty level: This tour is suitable for all fitness levels
• Cancellations: Full refund up to 24 hours prior to tour departure
• Language: English. Private tours in English, French or Italian
• Children: Welcomed to participate with their parents
• Vegetarian: Food substitutions can be provided with 24 hour notice
• Stops: We’ll make 8 stops for food and wine tastings
Tour guide gratuities are appreciated at the end of your tour.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO TASTE & LEARN
• Savor Tuscan bruschetta topped with typical ingredients.
• Sample local pecorino cheese made from a 2000 year-old recipe.
• Try different types of local charcuterie (cold cuts such as sausages, ham, salami, etc.).
• Taste pickled vegetables, a staple of every Tuscan table.
• Refresh your palate with a local beer and try local panino.
• Taste local hot chili peppers processed in many different ways.
• Enjoy homemade pasta with a traditional Tuscan sauce.
• Pair your pasta with a fine Bolgheri DOC wine.
• Savor artisanal cantucci, traditional almond cookies.
• Have a shot of Liquore del Pastore, a lemon and milk liqueur.
• Finish your day with a bite of delicious pizza and delicious homemade gelato.